Shikakai Powder (150 gm)
One of the most commonly-used natural ingredients, this plant has been used as a hair cleanser in most parts of India since time immemorial. Shikakai contains vitamin C and D, along with other properties that make it ideal for hair care.
Shikakai is a natural conditioner for hair, strengthens hair roots and promotes luxuriant growth. Also, Shikakai has certain vital properties that act as coolants for the scalp. This can be powdered and mixed with water and used as a paste on the hair instead of shampoo.
Who doesn’t like long flowing hair with a satiny, silky feel? What if a herbal powder fulfils all your dreams of a luxuriant mane? You might be wondering that in the era of shampoos, hair gel, and conditioners, a herbal powder for lustrous hair? Doesn't it sound too unglamorous? Well, this is no ordinary powder but a powder extracted from Shikakai, a climbing shrub native to Asia. It is enriched with Shikakai that contains Vitamin A, C, D, E, and K, good for scalp health and hair nourishment. It has many other properties that make it ideal for hair care. Shikakai is powered with vitamins, amla, and bhringraj which nourish, cleanse, and condition the hair with the goodness of amla. The result is soft, shiny, and easily manageable hair. This herbal powder lathers well and suits all hair types. It is a natural conditioner and therefore, you do not need to buy extra conditioners.
Here are some benefits of using Shikakai powder in your hair care regime.
- It’s herbal ingredients are beneficial for hair and scalp health.
- It lathers well and therefore gives effective protection against dirt
- It is believed to prevent dandruff and flakes
- It helps in exfoliating the scalp by increasing the blood flow
- Also adds volume to your hair and strengthens your hair roots
- It adds shine and makes your hair healthy, soft, and supple
- Shikakai has some vital properties that help treat the dryness of the scalp and act as coolants for the scalp.
How to make Shikakai powder?
Shikakai can be powdered, mixed with water, and used as a paste on the hair instead of shampoo.
How to use Shikakai paste on your hair?
- Apply the paste gently all over your hair.
- Spread the paste evenly on your hair using your palms.
- Let it remain for 15 minutes before rinsing off with clean water.
- Pat dry and enjoy smooth lustrous hair.
If you have rough, frizzy, and lifeless hair, then you try the following remedy.
- Reetha powder- 2 tbsp
- Shikakai powder- 2 tbsp
- Amla powder (for severe hair fall and weak roots)- 1 tsp
- Take all ingredients in the same ratio depending on the length of your hair.
- Soak all the ingredients overnight in a glass bowl of warm water.
- Mix all the ingredients properly and strain the liquid in the morning.
- Use this strained water as shampoo on hair.
- Repeat a couple of times more with the remaining water, if it still feels greasy.
Looking where to buy Shikakai online in Canada? We offer home delivery everywhere in Canada.