According to the Ayurveda, it is believed that a combination of herbs results in a more effective treatment than consuming a single component.
Due to its many health benefits, Triphala has become quite popular worldwide.
Health benefits of Triphala
- Rich in antioxidants- Antioxidants prevent damage to cells that cause serious diseases. The antioxidants properties are also good for skin and help fight ageing.
- Good for eyes- Haritaki component of Triphala has anti-ageing properties that also help cure age-related vision problems. It also strengthens the eye muscles.
- Gives protection against cancer- Some studies revealed that it can help kill cancer cells of colon cancer and prostate cancer.
- Gives protection against dental issues- The anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties found in Triphala promote dental health. This prevents the formation of plaque, thus preventing cavities and gum disease.
- Laxative- Triphala has been used as a natural remedy to cure constipation and also improve the consistency of bowel movements.
- Aids in weight loss- One of the studies has revealed that people who consume a small Triphala dosage on a regular basis find greater weight reductions than those who consume it sporadically.
How to use Triphala
Health practitioners advise using Triphala in between meals or on an empty stomach.
The powdered form can be consumed with a cup of warm water and honey.
Triphala powder can also be mixed with ghee, a type of clarified butter, and added to warm water for a soothing drink.
Triphala can be mixed with honey and eaten in the form of an edible paste.
It is typically advised to consume 500 mg to 1 gram Triphala per day, though quantity can be increased while treating symptoms like constipation.
However, a large dosage of Triphala can be detrimental to health. Do not consume it without consulting a doctor.
Precautions while taking Triphala
- The safety of consuming Triphala in pregnancy or while breastfeeding is questionable.
- Consuming too much Triphala may lead to stomach upset, stomach cramps, and diarrhea.
- Triphala may also interfere with other medications, especially if you’re taking medicines for high BP.
With so many health benefits associated with this magical herb, one can add it as a natural remedy to their routine.
However, it is best to consult a health practitioner before.
Looking where to buy organic triphala powder online in Canada? We offer home delivery everywhere in Canada.