Jiva Organic Sona Masoori
- 100% pure and USDA certified SONA MASURI BROWN RICE
- High-quality whole rice with a rich flavour and aroma
- Perfect for preparing your delicious biryani and pulao
- Contains high fibre content and high vitamin content
- Contains natural ingredients and is free from any additives & preservatives
Sona Masuri Rice is very popular in South India specially in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telegana and Karnataka. This rice is lower in starch content than the other forms of white rice and the grain length is shorter than basmati. This rice is amazing for stir fry recipes and for variety rice recipes as well. It is mainly eaten with Sambar or to preprare idli or biryani.
The love affair between India and it’s favorite food rice dates back to the 18th century. The country was reeling under a severe crisis because of repeated famines and the British wanted new food plants to ward off starvation.
Along with wheat and ragi, a rice diet met the approval of the British and was introduced after some critical analysis. Ever since there has been no looking back and rice has secretly consolidated it's place in our meals.
With numerous varieties of rice to choose from, Sona Masoori has gained immense popularity because of its premium quality.
Sona Masoori is a high-yielding unpolished medium-grain rice cultivated mainly in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka. It is the hybrid of two rice species- Sona and Masoori. Both species of rice- Sona and Masoori, are quite popular in India, but Sona Masoori rice combines the optimal features of both varieties.
Lightweight, fluffy and aromatic, Sona Masoori rice is packed with many nutrients and is very popular in South Indian dishes.
Health benefits of eating Sona Masoori rice
- It has a lower calorie count than the standard long-grain or Basmati rice. If you are cutting down on calories and carbohydrates, then Sona Masoori rice is the best option for you.
- It is easily digestible and good for weight loss.
- Sona Masoori has a glycemic index of 51. Foods with a low glycemic index are known to lower blood glucose levels and good for diabetics.
- Sona Masoori is low on starch and is easier to cook.
How to cook Sona Masoori
- Take one cup of rice in a large skillet/pot. Rinse 2-3 times to remove starch.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Put the skillet on the gas stove. Cover the skillet, bring the mixture to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Let the rice cook for 15 minutes (till the water gets absorbed), on medium flame.
Note: You can even add 1/3 tsp. of salt and 1 tbsp. butter/ghee for an exotic aroma. Add salt along with water and rice and bring to boil. Add butter/ghee to rice, 3-4 minutes before putting off the gas stove.
How to store Sona Masoori
Sona Masoori rice can be stored in a cold, dry place preferably in an airtight container.
Discard the rice immediately if you find it infested with moths/insects and if it emanates a foul odor.
Looking where to buy Organic Brown Sona Masoori Brown Rice online in Canada? We offer home delivery everywhere in Canada. We also have India Gate Sona Masoori Rice, Daawat Sona Masoori Rice and Chakra Brown Sona Masoori Rice.
Riz Sona Masoori biologique
Le riz Sona Masuri est très populaire dans le sud de l'Inde, en particulier dans les États de l'Andhra Pradesh, de Telegana et du Karnataka. La teneur en amidon de ce riz est inférieure à celle des autres formes de riz blanc et sa longueur de grain est plus courte que celle du basmati. Ce riz est fantastique pour les recettes de sautés et pour les recettes de riz variées. Il est principalement consommé avec du Sambar ou pour préparer des idli ou des biryani.