Shreeji Potato Papad (200 gm)
How about adding a crispy and crunchy side dish to your meal? This dish called papad, papadum or appalam, is not only delightfully delectable but adds an instant spunk to a bland meal. Let’s learn more about papad in detail.
What is Papad
Papad is an Indian snack prepared from lentil or rice flour. It is either deep fried or cooked over gas flame (flipped over an open flame) until crunchy. Some papads are even dished out from the flour of chickpeas, tapioca, millet, or potatoes.
How to prepare Papad
There are three ways to prepare papad-
- Deep frying- Heat cooking oil in a deep pan. Once the oil is hot enough for frying, place one papad and gently press it with the spatula so that it fries evenly. The process takes around 30-40 seconds.
- Roasting- This one is a tricky method and requires expertise to roast papad over the gas flame. Gently hold the papad with tongs over a medium high flame and flip fast so that it is roasted well. Take care that you flip the papad quickly or it may burn.
- Microwaving- One of the easiest methods to cook papad is by wrapping it in a paper towel and heating it in a microwave for about 30 seconds.
How to eat Papad
- Papad is mostly served as an accompaniment to a meal or even as an appetizer, with a dip such as chutneys or sauces.
- Masala Papad- Papad also makes for a lovely snack with toppings such as chopped onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and chili peppers.
- Papad churi- Deep fry the papad and break it into medium sized pieces. Add grated cheese, chopped onions or any spices of your choice to churn out a lip smacking snack.
- An amazing variety of papads like sabudana papads is also available. It is deep fried or microwaved for the most enjoyable taste.
Looking where to buy Potato Papad online in Canada? We offer home delivery everywhere in Canada.