Baigan Bharta Masala is a finger-licking dish from the Indian subcontinent. Also called Baigan Ka Bharta, it is one of the most popular cuisines among vegetarians.
Today, we talk about a spice mix from MDH that will help you churn out the most delectable Baingan Bharta Masala. it is called MDH Baingan Bharta Masala.
What is Baigan Bharta Masala?
In Baigan Bharta Masala, fire roasted Baigan or eggplant is minced, and cooked with spices to dish out a lip-smacking recipe.
Recipe for Baingan Bharta Masala
- Brinjal/eggplant- 400 grams
- Oil- 1tsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Ginger (finely chopped)- 1 inch
- Garlic (finely chopped)- 2 clove
- Green chili (finely chopped)- 2
- Onion (finely chopped)- 1
- Tomato (finely chopped)- 1
- Salt- 1 tsp
- MDH Baingan Bharta Masala- 1 tbsp.
- Fresh coriander (finely chopped)- 2 tbsp.
- Take an eggplant and make 4 slits horizontally in equal distance. Apply oil on the eggplant (this helps to peel off the skin easily).
- Start roasting the oiled eggplant on a gas stove, flipping occasionally.
- Keep roasting until brinjal becomes dark and completely cooked from inside.
- Let the eggplant sit until completely cool. Then start peeling off the skin.
- Remove the head of brinjal to check if the brinjal is cooked completely from inside.
- Mash the eggplant well and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a thick-bottomed pan and saute cumin, ginger and garlic.
- Add onion and cook until it becomes golden brown.
- Add tomato and green chilies and cook until tomatoes turn soft.
- Next add roasted and mashed eggplant.
- Add salt and MDH Baingan Bharta Masala. Mix and mash for 5 minutes till everything blends well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Relish the yummy Bharta with hot roti or rice.
Who are we? Singal's Indian Grocery is an online Indian Grocery Store delivering people's favorite brands to their doors all over Canada. We have over 600 products that can be ordered for delivery now! Like our Facebook Page for updates about our Indian Grocery Store!