Fried rice is a common and convenient recipe that is not only enjoyed by everyone but is adapted by different cultures to suit their taste buds! How delightful will it be to have this mouth-watering recipe Indian style? This is what we are going to look at today! The best part of this recipe is that almost all of the ingredients required for this amazing recipe are available right here at Singal’s.
For the chicken marinade:
- ½ kg boneless chicken
- 2 tablespoons of beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder ( add more if you want it extra spicy)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons of fresh curd
- Salt to taste
- 6 eggs ( use 2 tablespoons from this for the marinade)
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons of cornflour
- 12 tablespoons of oil ( 6 tablespoons for frying the chicken and 6 for the fried rice)
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 carrots
- ¼ cup of cabbage
- ¼ cup beans
- 1/8th cup spring onions
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
1. Marinate chicken with all the ingredients listed above. Let the chicken rest for 30 minutes.
2. Wash the basmati rice thrice with water. Following this, soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
3. Drain the water completely, cook the rice and cool it. Do not use hot rice while preparing the fried rice as this tends to stick.
4. Add cornflour to the chicken marinade and shallow fry this till the chicken pieces turn golden brown. Put this aside.
5. To a wok or a wide pan, add oil. Once the oil is hot, add finely chopped ginger, garlic and onion. Fry this on low flame for two to three minutes.
6. Next, add all the vegetables. Mix this well and cook until they turn semi-soft.
7. Move the vegetable mixture to one corner of the wok and add the beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs till its 3/4th cooked and then mix it with the vegetables.
8. Add salt according to your taste. Add chilli powder, pepper powder and mix well. If you want the rice to be spicier adjust the pepper and chilli powder accordingly.
9. Add the fried chicken pieces to the vegetable- egg mixture. Give this a quick stir.
10. Now add the cooked basmati rice and mix well. Be gentle while mixing as we do not want to break the rice.
11. Finally add the soya sauce, red chilli sauce and garnish with finely chopped spring onions.
Who are we? Singal's Indian Grocery is an online Indian Grocery Store. We have over 600 products that can be ordered for delivery now!