Are you a vegetarian who is looking for a cheap source of protein? Look no beyond Soya Chunks, an edible loaded with polyunsaturated fats, omega-3 fatty acids, and high protein.
Soya Chunks are the perfect substitute for chicken for a vegetarian person. They can be readily called vegetarian’s meat.
Soya Chunks are also called Nutri nuggets.
What are Soya Chunks and how are they obtained?
The humble-looking Soya Chunks are a storehouse of health benefits and can be easily incorporated into recipes.
Soya Chunks are prepared from defatted soy flour from which the soybean oil has been extracted. Therefore, the chunks have a rough texture. However, the hard chunks readily transform into a soft and spongy ball when soaked in warm water or added to the gravy.
How to use Soya Chunks?
It is advised to soak Soya Chunks in lukewarm water and squeeze out extra water before using. This way, the chunks will be devoid of any impurities.
- You can add chunks to salads, fried rice, soups, and stews, or even make soya curries.
- Soya Chunks can also be made into a versatile recipe by sautéing with spices like turmeric powder, cumin seeds, coriander powder, chili powder, and salt and then adding chopped onions, tomatoes, and green peas.
Health benefits of Soya Chunks
- Help in muscle building- The highly proteinaceous Chunks have the power of aiding in muscle building.
- Promote overall bone health- The high calcium content of Soya Chunks is quite good for bones. The omega-3 present in the chunks is great for skin and hair health.
- Good for heart health- Soya Chunks effectively reduce bad cholesterol in the body thus protecting the heart from various ailments.
- Aid in weight loss- Soya Chunks also enhance metabolism and prevent excess fat accumulation in the body, therefore promote weight loss. The chunks have high fiber content and keep you full for longer periods, this also aids in weight loss.
- Help reduce post-menopausal symptoms- As a woman undergoes menopause, the estrogen levels in the body fall drastically. Soya Chunks are the natural source of estrogen and therefore, can help in reducing hot flashes and other post-menopausal symptoms in women.
The recommended dose of Soya Chunks
Consuming too many Soya Chunks can increase uric acid levels and estrogen in your body. This can lead to health problems like acne, weight gain, water retention, bloating, and more. Increased levels of uric acid can also damage the liver and lead to joint pain. It is advised to have Soya Chunks in moderation, the recommended dose is 25 to 30 g per day.
Who are we? Singal's Indian Grocery is an online Indian Grocery Store delivering people's favorite brands to their doors all over Canada. We have over 600 products that can be ordered for delivery now! Like our Facebook Page for updates about our Indian Grocery Store!