Arhar Dal is super easy to prepare and makes for a great combination with roti, naan, or steamed rice.
Even if you cook Arhar Dal with tempering of cumin seeds in ghee with a pinch of hing, turmeric powder, and salt to taste, it still tastes heavenly.
The lentil is prepared in some easy steps written on the box. You can prepare a yummy delight just like Indian mothers!
How to prepare Arhar Dal with MDH Arhar Masala
- Arhar Dal- 200gm
- Water 800 ml
- Cooking oil or ghee- 4 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Hing- 1/2 teaspoon
- Onions- 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomatoes- 1 Medium sized, finely chopped
- Turmeric powder- ½ teaspoon
- MDH Arhar Dal Masala- 15 g
- Salt- as per taste
- Boil Arhar Dal in water till it becomes tender.
- Heat cooking oil on a medium high flame and add cumin seeds once the oil is hot. Add hing and let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Add chopped onions and fry till they turn golden.
- Next, add chopped tomatoes and MDH Arhar Dal Masala along with salt. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes till it becomes a paste.
- Transfer boiled Dal to fried masala paste and mix well.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander. Enjoy yummy dal with steamed Rice, roti, or naan.
Who are we? Singal's Indian Grocery is an online Indian Grocery Store delivering people's favorite brands to their doors all over Canada. We have over 600 products that can be ordered for delivery now! Like our Facebook Page for updates about our Indian Grocery Store!