The aroma of Indian food jolts one out of their senses! The magic lies in the savory spices that beautifully complement the essence of the cuisine.
The fragrant spices are roasted, sautéed or fried to impart an appetizing bang to the recipe. The fun fact is that, not a single spice but a fusion of spices like cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, turmeric, chilli powder and many more are added to augment the flavor so beautifully.
I have watched my mom meticulously adding each spice, lest a trifle more or a bit less may ruin the taste of her preparation. Watching her, I always pondered, why not blend these spices into a compact mix to save one from the pain of precise calculation every time?
As I grew up, I found a 3-word answer to this ever baffling question-Kitchen King Masala. Yes, Kitchen King Masala is a potpourri of all spices, finely powdered to perfection. Just scoop it and add to your preparation. It’s actually that simple and easy to use!
How I wish my mom was around to sprinkle this magical blend on the recipes that she so fondly prepared!
MDH Kitchen King Masala, the king of all spices is an all-in-one spice mix created to season curries, dry recipes or even Pulao.
Let’s dish out a delicacy using this spice-mix-
Bharwa Bhindi (Stuffed Okra)
- Bhindi (okra) small to medium size-250 gm
- Salt-1/2 tablespoon or as per your taste
- MDH Kitchen King Masala- 3 tablespoons
- Mustard oil- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons
- Wash okra well and let it air dry. Remove the crown.
- Slice okra along the center, leaving 1/2 cm from the top end and bottom end each, so that it splits open only in the center (not completely).
- Mix salt and Kitchen King Masala together. Stuff this mixture inside the split okra.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan. Add okra (stuffed with salt & spice-mix) into the pan.
- Cover the lid and let it cook on low heat till it becomes tender (for around 20 minutes).
- Bharwa bhindi is ready to be served. Enjoy it with roti, paratha or naan.
This lip-smacking bhindi is easy to prepare with the all-inclusive Kitchen King Masala.
The other option is to cautiously fill individual spices in their powdered form, which requires precision and is a bit time-consuming.
Note: One can also dish out Bharwa Baingan (stuffed eggplants) using the same recipe. Small and round eggplants should be used in place of okra.
Who are we? Singal's Indian Grocery is an online Indian Grocery Store delivering people's favorite brands to their doors all over Canada. We have over 600 products that can be ordered for delivery now! Like our Facebook Page for updates about our Indian Grocery Store!