Organic is the in thing these days. Not because it’s a fad, but for its umpteen health benefits. For starters, organic food is grown without the use of any synthetic chemicals and contains no Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO‘s).
Let’s dedicate this blog to the health benefits of organic food and how incorporating these foods in our diet can yield amazing results.
Some potential benefits of organic foods are:
- Nutrients. Studies show moderate increase in certain nutrients and antioxidants in organic produce.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. Organic farm animals are fed certain foods that help in higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids help in maintaining a healthy heart.
- Toxic metal. Certain toxic chemicals like cadmium are naturally found in soil and absorbed by plants. Studies show lower levels of cadmium in plants and grains grown organically.
- Pesticide residue. Studies have also shown that produce grown organically has lower pesticide levels as compared to produce grown using conventional methods.
No wonder, the market is inundated with myriad organic food options. Whether breakfast, main meals, or snacks, there is a range of variety to choose from. Some examples are-
- Jiva organic poha
- Jiva organic quinoa
- Jiva organic besan
- Jiva organic toor dal arhar
- Jiva organic chickpeas
- Jiva organic ragi flour
- Jiva organic sooji
- Jiva organic castor oil
- Jiva organic peanut oil
- Jiva organic ginger powder
Organic spices such as Jiva organic cumin seeds, Jiva organic coriander powder, Jiva organic turmeric powder, Jiva organic cumin powder, Jiva organic black mustard seeds, and more help enhance taste while providing maximum health benefits.
It is suggested to use organic food at all steps, such as cooking oil, tempering spices, main ingredients and seasoning to avail its optimum benefits.
The bottom line is even though organic products are a bit high on price, the potential benefits outweigh the little bit of extra cost.
Who are we? Singal's Indian Grocery is an online Indian Grocery Store delivering people's favorite brands to their doors all over Canada. We have over 600 products that can be ordered for delivery now! Like our Facebook Page for updates about our Indian Grocery Store!