Does chopping onions irk you? Well, it does to most of us, especially when we are short on time. Trust me, dried fried onions are a savior that help you make any meals complete.
What are Fried Onions Dry?
Fried onions dry are chopped and fried onions that have been dried and preserved. This keeps their freshness for a longer time.
How to use Fried Onions Dry?
Fried onions dry are used globally as an addition in a variety of dishes. You can sprinkle them on salads, add to burgers or mix with eggs and mashed potatoes.
Fried onions dry can also be in your stuffing or topped on your green beans.
Recipe of delicious sauce using dried fried onions
This basic recipe takes a few minutes to prepare. With minor alterations, you can customize the sauce according to your palate.
You can also get the delicious potato-peas or spinach-peas curry. Chicken/Mutton Biryani also uses Fried Onions Dry as an ingredient.
The idea is to have this basic sauce ready so that you can assemble other ingredients to get a quick recipe.
- Cooking oil- 1 tbsp.
- Grated ginger & garlic- 1 tsp.
- 2-3 Curry leaves
- Chopped tomatoes-300-400 gm
- Fried Onions Dry- 3/4 cup
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp.
- Ground coriander seeds- 1 1/2 tsp.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin/mustard/nigella seeds for tempering. Wait till the seeds crackle.
- Add ginger, garlic, & curry leaves.
- Add chopped tomatoes, dried fried onions, spices and salt.
- Stir fry till oil separates. Turn off the heat. Your basic sauce is ready.
- Add whatever ingredients you need for making a curry.
Try keeping a packet of fried onions dry in your freezer.
It is best to keep it in the freezer, because it has a limited life, and can go bad quickly once opened.
Who are we? Singal's Indian Grocery is an online Indian Grocery Store delivering people's favorite brands to their doors all over Canada. We have over 600 products that can be ordered for delivery now! Like our Facebook Page for updates about our Indian Grocery Store!