In today’s health-crazy world, coconut is stealthily finding its way in our households. Be it our food menu or beauty regimen, coconut is ruling the roost. Coconut water, milk, oil, powder, flour and its fresh meat- there are so many varieties of coconut-derived ingredients.
Among the many products of coconut, coconut oil has grown in popularity in recent years. It has become a trend to add coconut oil to everything. Products like fried foods, sweets, soaps, shampoos, smoothies, coffee contain coconut oil.
Let’s peek into some health benefits of this wonder oil-
- Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides. Medium-chain triglycerides (MCT's) are easier to burn off than the long-chain triglycerides (LCT's). Adding coconut oil to your cooking is better than using the oils that have LCT's as these oils get converted into stored fat much more easily than coconut oil.
- Considered an exotic food, coconut is a popular food choice in the western world. Coconut, loaded with coconut oil promotes general health, and people who eat coconut regularly have thrived excellent health through many generations.
- Cosmetic usage of this magical oil has been advertised by Indians for many generations. Moisturizing dry skin with coconut oil makes skin soft and refreshing. It also reduces the tanning of your skin. Antimicrobial properties found in coconut oil protect the skin from harmful bacteria and reduce inflammation of the skin.
- Rubbing coconut oil into your scalp increases circulation, nourishes your hair and makes your hair shiny.
How to use coconut oil?
- It is recommended to use coconut oil for adding flavour and variety to the food. Even though fats and oils provide essential nutrients they should be used in moderation. If required, it is advisable to use extra virgin coconut oil.
- It’s best to use coconut oil for baking, to get a light and sweet “coconut” flavour. It can be substituted for butter.
How to store coconut oil?
It is best to store coconut oil in a dark, cool place. It becomes solid at room temperature and liquefies when heated.
At Singal's, we have many products that contain coconut oil. Himalayan Cucumber Refreshing Soap is enriched with cucumber and coconut oil. Jiva organic coconut oil is made from freshly shredded coconut meat. Parachute Coconut Hair Oil keeps your hair and skin well nourished. Chandrika Ayurvedic soap contains pure coconut oil as one of its ingredients.
Products such as frozen coconut slices and dried coconut powder also contain coconut oil and can be incorporated into food to attain the benefits of coconut oil.
Who are we? Singal's Indian Grocery is an online Indian grocery store that allows you to receive your favorite Indian products at home! We offer delivery everywhere in Canada. We have more than 700 products that we will gladly deliver to your door!
Like our Facebook Page to learn more about our products and discover new recipes!