There is no denying the fact that our health is our wealth. What if you get a mix of healthy ingredients in a yummy jam-like concoction? Chyawanprash is just that!
Chyawanprash is a nutrition formula with a mix of Ayurvedic herbs and minerals blended with Amla, the mother of antioxidants.
It is manufactured by Dabur, a renowned Ayurvedic company in India.
This delicious jam is a regular supplement given to kids in India, especially during winters.
The nutrient-rich composition of Chyawanprash is believed to restore stamina, energy, and vigor.
Legend behind Chyawanprash
This nutritive blend is believed to be 2000 years old.
The name Chyawanprash is a combination of two words, Chyawan and Prash, where Chyawan is a name and Prash means "a special food".
Legend has it that the concoction was meticulously prepared to restore youth to an elderly sage, Chyawan.
Flavor of Chyawanprash
Amla is the vital ingredient of Chyawanprash and therefore, Chyawanprash has a typical pungent and sweet-sour taste. It’s flavor also speaks of other dominant ingredients like honey, ghee, sandalwood, cardamom, and cinnamon.
How to consume Chyawanprash?
It is best to incorporate Chyawanprash into your daily diet regimen.
- The ideal time to consume Chyawanprash is right before breakfast.
- You can also consume it at night, 1 hour post-dinner.
- It is taken with warm milk, water, or can be consumed directly.
- It can also be used as a spread on your bread or favorite cracker.
Note: The best way to take Chyawanprash is to mix it well in warm milk and drink it while still warm.
Dose: The recommended dose of Chyawanprash is 1 teaspoon for adults twice a day. For children, ½ teaspoon, twice daily is the ideal dose.
Health benefits of Chyawanprash
- Chyawanprash boosts immunity and works wonders for body cells and tissues.
- It improves hemoglobin levels and also enhances the production of white blood cells.
- Chyawanprash uses concentrated Amla as its base, which is a superb detoxifying agent for the lungs, spleen, liver, and blood.
- Amla is the most effective remedy for sustaining homeostasis.
- It tones your muscles, bolsters youthfulness, stalls aging, and helps in gaining healthy muscle mass.
- It improves stamina and vitality.
- It is known to ease respiratory troubles and fight cough and cold.
- It aids in digestion and treats constipation.
- Its astringent qualities make it good for skin.
- It is also known to boost heart function and urinary health.
How to store Chyawanprash?
Chyawanprash is best stored at room temperature in a cool and dry place. Once opened, you can refrigerate it if you want.
Who are we? Singal's Indian Grocery is an online Indian Grocery Store delivering people's favorite brands to their doors all over Canada. We have over 600 products that can be ordered for delivery now! Like our Facebook Page for updates about our Indian Grocery Store!