As I look back and try to reminisce my growing up years, my mind is inundated with the fond memories of an era that was untarnished by technology. Me and my sister, carrying heavy backpacks from school, would rush into the cool environs of home after braving the scorching summer heat.
My mom with would pamper us with chilled lime water infused with just the right proportion of ingredients and her love. I still remember her adding a pinch of black salt and stirring it to perfection for that amazing flavor.
I have fond memories of my mom seasoning the dishes with the powdered form of this amazing ingredient. From adding zing to Boondi Raita to flavoring the salad to adding a sprinkle on Lassi, mom knew that this miracle powder was a natural flavor enhancer that came with a host of health benefits.
- Antacid- Treats heartburn, acidity, sour stomach and stomach upset
- Digestive stimulant- Benefits in abdominal discomfort and digestive disorders like acidity, flatulence, bloating and obesity
- Fat Burner- Treats bloating
- Anthelmintic- Can be used to treat parasitic worms
- Haematinic- Increases hemoglobin levels and treats anemia
- Hematogenic- Helps in formation of red blood cells
- Controls Blood Pressure- Because of its lower sodium content than the regular salt, Black Salt can be a better option with patients having high BP, or those seeking to reduce sodium levels in their blood
- Black Salt has less sodium content than the regular salt.
- It is said to contain less additives than the regular salt.
- It is believed to contain more minerals than the regular salt.
- Sodium content of Black Salt may vary depending upon the brand. It is recommended to check the nutrition label before using it.
- It is not recommended to use black salt over regular salt if you have Iodine deficiency.
- Whether Black Salt is a healthier option than regular salt is still a debatable topic. More research is required to support these claims.
- It is advised to use it in moderation, the dietary amount of Black Salt should not be more than 6 gm. per day.
Try our Organic Natural Rock Salt which is great for every day consumption and can also be used as a bath scrub.
Our Himalayan Pink Salt Iodized version is ideal for consumption for people having Iodine deficiency.
The lip-smacking Boondi Raita can be prepared by adding a handful of Haldiram’s Salted Boondi into a bowl of whipped yoghurt and seasoning it with coriander leaves, a pinch of Deggi Mirch and a sprinkle of Black Salt.
Who are we? Singal's Indian Grocery is an online Indian grocery store that allows you to receive your favorite Indian products at home! We offer delivery everywhere in Canada. We have more than 700 products that we will gladly deliver to your door!
Like our Facebook Page to learn more about our products and discover new recipes!