Ayurveda is an ancient medicinal science that utilizes herbs and medicinal plants to provide health benefits.
Bhakra Whole Caltrops, also known as Gokshura, is a popular plant used in traditional Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. Gokshura is also sold as a herbal formulation in the form of powder, capsules, or tablets.
The following blog article talks about the potential health benefits of this miraculous plant.
What is Bhakra Whole Caltrops or Gokshura?
Bhakra Whole or Gokshura is a small leafy plant found in warmer regions of Asia, Europe, Africa, and Australia. It belongs to the caltrop family of plants.
In Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine, the roots and fruit of Gokshura are used to treat many health conditions.
Health benefits of Bhakra Whole
- Bhakra Whole is believed to be effective in in treating urinary tract disorders, kidney disease, and inflammation.
- It also helps provide relief in chronic coughing and asthma.
- In the West, Bhakra Whole is primarily used as a natural testosterone and libido booster, and also believed to help overcome erectile dysfunction. It is available as a dietary supplement called Tribulus Terrestris.
- Bhakra Whole is a natural antioxidant and cleanser, and therefore, beneficial for alleviating oxidative free radical damage caused by the sun rays.
- Bhakra Whole also stimulates the secretion of digestive juices thereby enhancing digestion.
How to consume Bhakra Whole
- Wash the sun-dried Bhakra Whole well.
- Once dry, ground it to a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Eat 1-2 grams, either with honey or warm water, as advised by your doctor.
Note: Even though Bhakra whole is considered safe and has no known side effects, it is still advised to consult your healthcare professional before taking Gokshura.
Who are we? Singal's Indian Grocery is an online Indian Grocery Store delivering people's favorite brands to their doors all over Canada. We have over 600 products that can be ordered for delivery now! Like our Facebook Page for updates about our Indian Grocery Store!