Do you want to go bananas, literally? Well, we all know that bananas are a healthy food rich in potassium and fiber. How about a crispy banana snack that utilizes the nutritional benefits of bananas and tastes just yummy?
Here are Banana Chips for you, also called banana crisps. And the best thing is that banana chips contain all the minerals and vitamins of the fresh fruit.
How are Banana Chips made
Banana chips are prepared by frying or baking banana slices.
Banana chips usually utilize starchier and firmer bananas.
Homemade recipe of Banana Chips
It is super easy to cook banana chips at home by either frying or baking bananas.
Fried Banana Chips
- Cut the ends of a raw banana. And then peel off its skin.
- Cut the bananas into even round slices.
- Heat sunflower oil in a thick-bottomed pan and fry bananas until they turn golden.
- Sprinkle the seasoning of red chili powder, black pepper, and black salt/salt.
Baked Banana Chips
- Place the sliced bananas in the greased baking tray. Add a sprinkle of red chili powder, black pepper and salt.
- Now preheat the oven to 200 F and bake for one hour.
Enjoy the healthy chips with a dipping of salsa, guacamole, or hummus! A topping of cream cheese with strawberry on top will impart a heavenly touch to banana chips! You can also add a dash of cinnamon powder, as per your taste.
How to store Banana Chips
You can store banana chips in an airtight container for almost a week.
Health benefits of Banana Chips
- Rich in fiber- Banana chips have fiber and fibrous foods help improve digestion and cure constipation.
- Rich in potassium- Potassium is good for heart health as it reduces blood pressure.
- Rich in magnesium- Magnesium is an important mineral that helps keep the body cells healthy.
- Good source of energy- Banana chips contain magnesium and this mineral is a good source of energy for the body.
Who are we? Singal's Indian Grocery is an online Indian Grocery Store delivering people's favorite brands to their doors all over Canada. We have over 600 products that can be ordered for delivery now! Like our Facebook Page for updates about our Indian Grocery Store!