Bael or Bilva (Aegle marmelos) is an excellent herb cultivated across the Indian subcontinent. It even grows in the wild. Bael powder is derived from the dried and powdered pulp of the unripe or semi-ripe fruit of the Bael plant.
Even the fresh pulp of the ripe Bael fruit is aromatic and extremely nutritious.
Let us learn more about Bael and its health benefits in the course of this blog.
Health benefits of Bael
- Bael is a storehouse of nutrients that includes Vitamins A, B1, B2, C and also minerals like calcium, potassium, and iron.
- Many plant compounds found in Bael are beneficial in treating hepatitis, tuberculosis, ulcer and digestive problems.
- Bael also contains tannins that aid in treating cholera.
- Bael also promotes the smooth functioning of the bowels. Bael has astringent properties too that help the natural binding of the stool.
- Bael also soothes the mucus membranes in the intestines and eliminates natural toxins in the GI tract.
How to use Bael powder?
- You can add the powdered Bael to fresh fruit smoothies, soups, stews, or salads.
- You can even mix the Bael powder with honey to prepare a thick paste. This paste can be applied as a spread on bread and cookies.
- Bael powder added with rosewater and applied on the face as a thick paste can help tone the skin.
- Adding Bael powder to fruit juice, water, or any other liquid is a good herbal shot for your system.
Note: If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, then it is advisable to consult a health practitioner before including Bael powder in your daily diet.
Who are we? Singal's Indian Grocery is an online Indian Grocery Store delivering people's favorite brands to their doors all over Canada. We have over 600 products that can be ordered for delivery now! Like our Facebook Page for updates about our Indian Grocery Store!