How about welcoming your day with a cup of elixir that promises crispy freshness infused in its healthy ingredients? That sounds too good to be true! But, it is for real.
Let’s explore a type of tea enriched with awesome flavours and healthy nutrients- the divine Assam tea. It is created from the freshly picked tea leaves from the verdant Assam valleys.
Well, tea is not just a hot stir-up but a natural medicine all-in-all. It awakens your senses whenever you feel drained out of energy. And Assam tea is the ultimate.
The distinctive taste of Assam tea pours in the required freshness at the start of the day.
What is Assam tea?
Assam tea is a sweet and spicy blend of finest tea leaves cultivated in the upper slopes of the expensive Assam tea valleys. Before brewing up tea in your home and pouring it into your designer cups, there’s a careful process that goes into growing it to that level.
The refreshing taste of these tea leaves comes from the equitable climate of the Brahmaputra river region. The comfortable temperature of the area attributes natural native taste to the tea leaves.
The leaves are harvested, withered, and made to undergo oxidation (fermentation).
This brings in certain chemical changes that infuse the tea with a typical aroma, color, and a malty savoury flavor.
Health benefits of Assam tea
Assam tea is rich in certain plant compounds that may improve heart and brain health, and boost immunity as well.
- Rich in antioxidants- Many antioxidant compounds found in black tea alleviate the harmful effects of free radicals that cause inflammation and cell damage.
- May have anticancer properties- Medical studies have shown correlation between certain compounds found in black tea and their role in inhibiting the growth and spread of some types of cancer such as skin and lung cancer.
- Believed to be good for brain health- According to scientific studies, the compounds found in black tea inhibit functioning of enzymes that aid the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Maybe good for heart and boost immunity as a whole- Polyphenolic compounds found in black tea are similar in function to prebiotic compounds found in the digestive tract. They help promote heart health and boost immunity of human body.
Because of its naturally high caffeine content, Assam tea is the most popular morning beverage. But, it is important to know that the caffeine content in Assam tea may not be suited for everyone. Assam tea is also rich in tannins and therefore, can decrease iron absorption in the body.
How to prepare Assam tea?
Tea is fairly easy to prepare. You just need hot water, tea leaves, some milk, and sugar as per your taste. Assam tea may be available as loose tea-leaves or in the form of tea bags.
- Add 1 teaspoon of loose tea leaves or one tea bag into 240 ML of water.
- Warm on low medium flame till it boils.
- Add milk and sugar as per taste and boil for half a minute more. Do not over steep or over boil as it will make the taste bitter. Enjoy the warm cup of tea.
Who are we? Singal's Indian Grocery is an online Indian Grocery Store delivering people's favorite brands to their doors all over Canada. We have over 600 products that can be ordered for delivery now! Like our Facebook Page for updates about our Indian Grocery Store!