Yogini Sawa Millet Moraiyo (2 lbs)
Also known as Kodisama in Andhra Pradesh and Kuthirai vaali in Tamil Nadu and Bhagar or Varai in Maharashtra or Maraiyo
Sawa Millet/Moraiyo has lots of health benefits. It is one of the most digestible and non-allergenic grain available around the world. It is low in calorie.
Moraiyo ( Sawa Millet/Samo/Sama ) Khichdi
1/2cup of Sawa millet/moriya/samo
2 small potatoes
1/2 cup of yogurt
1 tbsp ghee
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp of ginger and chilli paste
Salt to taste
1. Rinse the samo with water and drain water.
2. Peel the potato skin and chop into small dices and keep them in water
3. Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
4. Add the chopped potato and 1 cup of water. Cook till potatoes are soften
5. Add ginger chilli paste and salt to potatoes and mix
6. Add Samo to potatoes and stir it.
7. Let it simmer for 5 minutes on low flame.
8. Whisk yogurt and add 1/2 cup of water to it
9. Then add yogurt mixture and mix it well. Cook for another 3 minutes on low flame till water gets evaporated.
10. Serve it with fried peanuts, farali paratha and fried green chilli