Tata Salt was launched in 1983 by Tata Chemicals as India's first packaged iodised salt brand.
It may come as a surprise to many that salt is an important ingredient for healthy living. Infact, salt should be an essential part of our dietary intake as consuming just the right amount of salt in our diet is the key to our good health. Low or high intake of salt can cause serious health conditions. Therefore, it is crucial to pick the right type of salt and eat it in right quantity.
Tata Salt, India’s first branded iodised salt, was launched in 1983. Ever since, this pioneer food brand has provided a pure salt, putting the dubious market of unbranded salt in a quandary.
Why Tata Salt?
Tata Salt uses the Vacuum® Evaporation technology to offer a healthy and hygienic alternative.
Tata Salt has just the right amount of iodine. Iodine is a vital mineral that boosts physical and mental growth and development in human beings.
Let's learn why salt is essential for the smooth functioning of our body.
Health benefits of Salt-
Salt is crucial for our body because of the facts listed below:
- Provides hydration- Salt retains water in our body and helps regulate blood pressure levels in case of hyponatremia (low blood sodium levels).
- Good for nervous system and muscle health- Salt is also a nerve stimulant and aids proper functioning of our muscles. It helps reduce muscular cramps. For this reason, experts advise drinking electrolytes (contain salt) during a vigorous exercise session.
- Rich in essential elements- Salt is composed of sodium and chloride, the two important elements required by the human body for smooth functioning. In case of untreated sodium deficiency, one can have serious health issues like convulsions, unconsciousness, or even coma.
- Aids digestion- Salt contains many important nutrients that activate many enzymes that in turn aid in digestion and absorption of food in our stomach.
- Good for gut health- Salt water flush can also remove toxins from your body. Mixing salt with warm water is a good laxative and improves your gut health.
- And of course, salt adds taste to food. Adding a pinch of salt does wonders for an otherwise bland recipe. Sprinkling salt with black pepper powder over salads, Dahi Badas, chaat, raitas, or sliced fruits also adds instant spark to the dishes. The tangy masalas like the MDH Pani Puri Masala, Shan Fruit Chaat Masala, Shan Chana Chaat Masala, and other spice mixes have the basic ingredient as salt.
Familiar to me