Neem tree is integral to India and people in India swear by its miraculous properties. Watching the ubiquitous Neem tree with lush leaves and rounded fruit is a common sight in Southeast Asia.
Neem is rightly called nature's healer as it has amazing Ayurvedic properties. It is anti-inflammatory, antifungal, anti-viral, and anti-parasitic. Almost every part of the Neem tree including its bark, leaves, flowers, fruits, roots, and seeds are used to make medicines.
However, one should note that there is no scientific evidence to prove the medicinal benefits of Neem.
What is Neem Powder?
Neem Powder is made of dried and ground neem leaves. It can be prepared at home and is also available in Indian supermarkets and stores.
How to make your Neem powder?
- Take a few fresh Neem leaves and sundry them for 2 to 3 days. You can also buy dry neem leaves from the market.
- Grind the dry and crispy leaves in a mixie till you get a fine Neem powder.
- Store it in a cool dry place, in an airtight container.
What are the benefits of Neem powder?
Neem Powder is mostly used topically on skin and hair to treat certain conditions.
- Skin health- Neem powder is believed to cure certain skin conditions such as eczema, pigmentation, blackheads, acne, and psoriasis. The natural moisturizing properties of Neem help maintain the skin's pH balance and restore youthfulness. It also cures skin dryness and acts as an excellent toner for the skin. To make Neem powder face mask, mix a teaspoon of neem powder with two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Clean your skin with rose water and then apply the paste by massaging into the skin gently. Let it remain for 15 minutes and then rinse it with cold water. Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- Hair health- The antifungal properties of Neem can cure dandruff. It has been used since ancient times to control dryness and itchy scalp. Make a fine paste by adding Neem powder with lime juice. Leave it on your scalp for 20 minutes before rinsing it off well. It strengthens hair follicles, adds volume to hair, conditions hair, and is also an effective treatment for hair lice.
- Internal benefits- In addition to its topical use, consuming Neem powder is believed to promote gut health, purify the blood, regulate blood sugar, and improve dental health. It also boosts the immune system and relieves pain and inflammation.
Note: Even though Neem powder is safe to use, it should be consumed under the advice of a health practitioner. Excessive use can lead to liver and kidney damage. It is also not recommended for pregnant women and children.
Looking where to buy Neem Powder online in Canada? We offer home delivery everywhere in Canada.
Poudre de margousier (neem)
Les avantages du neem (margousier) sont bien connus depuis bien longtemps en Ayurveda. Les feuilles de neem ont des propriétés antimicrobiennes et antiseptiques en plus de ses avantages pour favoriser la croissance des cheveux. Aussi, un mélange de poudre de neem et d'eau produit une pâte consistante qui, lorsqu'elle est appliquée sur vos cheveux, réduit considérablement les pellicules. Assurez-vous de laisser la pâte sur vos cheveux pendant au moins une demi-heure avant de les rincer. Faites cela deux fois par semaine et vous serez témoin des résultats fantastiques! La poudre de neem (margousier) aider a stimuler la croissance des cheveux et traiter les infections du cuir chevelu, les pellicules, les démangeaisons du cuir chevelu et les poux et conditionne les cheveux.