Peanut, also known as groundnut, is a crop of global importance. Natureland’s Peanut is grown and harvested from mainly the traditional peanut varities of Rajasthan and Gujarat, processed from Groudnut Whole by dehusking the whole form, It is machine cleaned and handpicked, before packing to ensure its purity and hygiene, which is sweeter, healthier, tastier.
Beyond the healthy fats, nuts and peanuts are a good source of protein, fiber, and nutrients. Also called groundnut or groundnuts
If you have lived in the tropics, then there is no argument that peanuts have formed an integral part of your diet. The protein rich peanuts are also known as poor man’s dry fruit for their reasonable price.
Peanuts are rich in protein, fat, and fiber. While peanuts may have a large amount of fat, most of the fat present in peanuts is the “good fat.” This kind of fat actually helps lower your cholesterol levels.
Health benefits of peanuts
- Good for the heart- Peanuts contain unsaturated fats and therefore, help prevent heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels.
- Aids weight loss- The high protein content in peanuts can help you feel fuller for longer periods and that too with fewer calories. Including a moderate amount of peanuts in your diet can help in lowering the weight.
- Help live longer- Studies have demonstrated that including any type of nuts in your diet regularly might help you have a longer life span.
- Helps reduce inflammation- Peanuts are an excellent source of fiber, which aids your digestive system and helps reduce inflammation throughout your body.
- Cancer prevention- Some studies show that eating peanuts, especially among older people, may help lower the risk of getting a certain type of stomach cancer.
How to include peanuts in your diet
Peanuts can be eaten raw, roasted, deep-fried, boiled, powdered, or consumed as peanut butter.
The most ideal way is to consume peanuts with their thin crispy skin as the skin is rich in phytochemicals and antioxidants.
- You can dry roast raw peanuts on a medium high flame in a thick-bottomed pan. Peanuts can also be deep-fried in cooking oil. Toss a bit of black pepper and salt into the dry roasted or deep-fried peanuts and enjoy this lip smacking snack.
- Just top up your yogurt with roasted or deep fried peanut for that crunchy taste. You can also toss peanuts in salads.
- Apply peanut butter on naan bread or make a peanut butter sandwich.
- Peanuts can also be added to your trail mix, pulav, poha cornflakes, and Indian snacks like poha and Upma.
- One can also eat boiled peanuts as a snack (peanut chat) by mixing it with puffed rice, sev, chopped onions, diced tomatoes, coriander, and green chilies.
Looking where to buy organic raw peanuts? Order online on Singal's Indian Grocery for home delivery now!