Spice blend for Indian Cheese (paneer) Curry.
For all those vegetarians out there, Shahi Paneer is one dish that leaves your mouth watering at the mere mention of it. The name, Shahi Paneer sounds so royal and tempting that you just want to dig into the yummy recipe to your heart’s content. And with MDH Shahi Paneer Masala, it doesn’t take much to prepare this delicacy.
MDH Shahi Paneer Masala is the classic blend of ethnic spices for preparing Shahi Paneer.
The name, Shahi Paneer translates to royal cheese. While Paneer is the Persian word for cheese, Shahi means royal in Mughlai dialect. The dish itself is believed to have originated in the Indian subcontinent, during the royal Mughlai monarchy.
Shahi Paneer is relished for its thick gravy that has succulent Paneer cubes floating in it.
The rich gravy is prepared using cream, tomato purée, and traditional Indian spices.
Recipe of Shahi paneer (using MDH Shahi Paneer Masala):
- Paneer- 500 g
- Onions, finely chopped- 100 grams
- Tomato Puree or Tomatoes, finely chopped- 120 grams
- Peeled Almonds or cashews nuts- 10
- Cooking oil- 4 tablespoons
- MDH Shahi Paneer Masala- 15 grams
- Take peeled almonds or cashew nuts, and make a smooth paste with 1/4 cup of water in a grinder.
- In a thick bottomed pan, add finely chopped onions, and sauté till golden brown.
- Then add finely chopped tomatoes, and fry till you get a smooth consistency.
- Add Shahi paneer masala, and cook for five minutes.
- Next, add the almond/cashew nut paste, Paneer pieces, and cook on low flame for five minutes. Add half cup of water.
- Let it cook on low flame for another five minutes. You can add a sprinkle of Kasoori Methi/ chopped coriander and 1 teaspoon of cream over the recipe for a heavenly taste.
- Enjoy the rich delicacy with plain naan, garlic naan, or roti.