MDH Jal Jeera Masala (100 gm)
JAL JEERA MASALA
Use Jal Jeera masala with Gol-Guppa & Pani Puri. Also use it for making Dahi-Bhalla, Chat, Papri, Papad more delicious.
Add sugar to taste.
Ingredients : Iodised Salt, Black Salt, Dry Mango, Cumin, Tamarind, Citric Acid, Mint Leaves, Kachri, Dried Ginger, Yellow Chillies, Black Pepper, Turmeric, Cloves, Asafoetida.
Jal Jeera, does the name sound a bit peculiar? Well, Jal Jeera gets its name from the combination of two words Jal and Jeera. In Hindi language, "jal" means water and "jeera" means cumin.
So, what is Jal Jeera? Let's learn about it together.
Jal Jeera is a popular Indian beverage, enjoyed in summer. The drink is mainly lemonade, flavored with a spice mix, Jal Jeera Masala. One can also sprinkle the Jal Jeera masala on Dahi-Bhalla, Chat Papdi, Papad, cut fruits, salads, or paratha/naan stuffings.
Jal Jeera is more popular in the northern part of India because of its cooling effect. Some areas in the northern part of India can get extremely hot in summers and Jal Jeera beverage has a calming effect on people.
MDH Jal Jeera Masala is the Jal jeera powder from MDH, the famous Indian spice brand. MDH Jal Jeera Masala helps you make the soothing Jal Jeera drink instantly.
Ingredients of MDH Jal Jeera Masala
The tangy masala is a combination of the following spices-
- Black pepper
- Black salt
- Black cardamom
- Fennel seeds
- Chili or hot pepper powder
- Yellow Chilies
- Some fruit powder (such as mango powder)
Health benefits of Jal Jeera
- The cooling properties of Jal Jeera help in combating sunstroke.
- The drink also aids to control indigestion, gas, and dehydration. It is a great thirst quencher.
- The traditional spices found in Jal Jeera boost appetite and help in digestion.
- For people seeking to reduce weight, Jal Jeera is a carefree drink as it comes with a low-calorie content.
Preparation of Jal Jeera
It is super easy to make the Jal Jeera drink using the MDH Jal Jeera Masala.
- Take 1-liter water (preferably cold) in a bowl.
- Squeeze out lemon juice from 2 lemons and add to the cold water.
- Now, grind a handful of fresh coriander and mint leaves into a fine paste with 1/4 cup water.
- Next, add this coriander-mint mixture to the bowl of water and lime juice. Stir well.
- In the same bowl, add 1 tablespoon of MDH Jal Jeera Masala, 2 teaspoons of jaggery powder, and black salt as per taste. Mix well.
- You can add more seasonings, if required.
- Garnish with boondi and fresh mint leaves before enjoying the refreshing beverage.