100% pure and USDA certified natural Organic Ashwagandha. Hygienically processed and is free of any harmful chemical or added preservatives. Ashwagandha is a storehouse of benefits. It is an adaptogen that means that it can help in managing body stress.
Ashwagandha is a Sanskrit word meaning the smell of the horse. The meaning refers to its peculiar smell as well as its ability to boost strength. Ashwagandha is also called Winter Cherry and Indian Ginseng. Its botanical name is Withania Somnifera.
Ayurveda, the Indian system of medicine based on natural healing, has used this medicinal herb for more than 3000 years. The roots of Ashwagandha are its best feature.
Ashwagandha is obtained from a small shrub with orangish-yellow flowers and is commonly grown in India and North Africa. Ashwagandha Powder is extracted from the plant's roots or leaves.
Ashwagandha is rich in withanolides, which are known to arrest tumor growth and fight inflammation.
Let’s explore some health benefits associated with this wondrous herb in detail:
- Can reduce blood sugar levels- The herb is known to reduce blood sugar levels both in diabetic and healthy people.
- Is believed to have anticancer properties- Withaferin, an active compound found in Ashwagandha is believed to be effective against several cancer types.
- Can control cortisol levels- Cortisol is the stress hormone released by your adrenal glands to combat stress. Ashwagandha is best known to beat stress and reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Can increase fertility in men by boosting testosterone- Ashwagandha and its supplements may increase male fertility by boosting testosterone levels.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties- Studies have revealed that Ashwagandha increases the activity of immune cells that help one fight infection and stay healthy.
- Is good for heart health- Certain components found in Ashwagandha decrease cholesterol and triglyceride levels thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Is good for brain health- Ashwagandha is also known to improve memory, ability to perform tasks, reaction time, and in general the whole brain function.
How to consume Ashwagandha?
Today Ashwagandha is available in powder, tablet, and capsule forms. The recommended dose depends upon the type of Ashwagandha supplement.
It is best to have-
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Ashwagandha root powder with ghee, sugar, or honey.
- Or, mix 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Ashwagandha root powder in a glass of warm milk or water and drink at bedtime.
Note: Ashwagandha must be taken under the advice of a medical practitioner. It may increase thyroid hormone levels, decrease blood sugar as well as blood pressure levels in some people. People having autoimmune diseases should not take Ashwagandha.
Looking where to buy organic ashwagandha powder near you online in Canada? We offer home delivery everywhere in Canada.