Creamy Indian frozen milk candy with Almond, Pista, and Saffron.
Come summer and we have a list of must-haves in the subconscious of our minds. Our refrigerators are stocked with piles of yummy treats. Multi-flavored ice creams, frozen fruit toppings, colorful summer syrups and juices, oh la la, my mouth is already watering.
Among the many summer desserts, Kulfi is my all time favorite summer-feast, I absolutely love this chunky desi-delight!
Kulfi topped with falooda and chopped dry fruits makes for the most deadly combo. If you are a Kulfi freak then you know that ice cream is simply not a substitute. The thick slurp of Kulfi is just so gloppy and original.
Kulfi is available in mouth-watering flavors of malai, mango, pista, almond, coconut, and the most recent addition- paan flavor. But my favorite is the authentic malai kulfi, unarguably the best.
How about sharing a quick ‘n’ easy recipe? Here's to all Kulfi lovers, enjoy the heavenly sweet and become a fan for life-
- Condensed milk- ⅔ cup
- Boiled milk- ½ cup
- Heavy cream- ½ cup
- Cardamom (ground)- ½ tbsp
- Saffron- 5 to 6 threads
- Pistachios- ½ cup crushed
You will also need 5 Kulfi cups.
- Mix condensed milk, boiled milk, and cream in a bowl.
- Add ground cardamom and saffron. Stir this mixture well.
- Take 5 plastic Kulfi cups. Divide half of the crushed pistachios equally in these 5 cups.
- Pour the mixture till the cups are filled 1/4th of their capacity
- Add the remaining pistachios on top of the mixture
- Wrap aluminum foil over the cups
- Make a slight cut on the foil and gently insert a Popsicle stick
- Freeze for 4 hours
- Remove Kulfi by dipping the cups in warm water for a few seconds
Note of caution:
Enjoy this irresistible dessert at your own risk, there is no stopping from falling head-over-heels in love with this one!
You can add a rosy touch to the delicacy by topping Kulfi with a few drops of Rooh Afza, the rose-scented syrup.
Do you have guests coming over? Are you running short of time? No problem, try our ready to prepare Gits Kesar Kulfi mix. Your guests will drool over the egg-less Indian milk candy which is so easy to prepare!