Eno Salt - Regular (100 gm)
Eno is the leading actacid taken for providing instant relief from acidity, gastric discomfort and heart burn. Eno gets you back on track instantly, as it begin to work in six seconds faster than other tablets.
Eno is a multipurpose fruit salt that gives fast relief for acidity, acid reflux, heartburn, nausea, and gastric discomfort.
Additionally, it is also used in food recipes that require instant fermentation such as dhoklas, rice puffs, naans, khaman, idli, dosa, pancakes, rice flour tortillas, wheat flour tortillas etc.
Eno is also used in baking, for fluffiness and softness. It has the same effect as baking powder.
Manufacturer of Eno
Eno is owned by GlaxoSmithKline, a company that develops numerous healthcare products. Eno is available in different flavors- orange, lemon, and regular.
Ingredients of Eno Fruit Salt
- Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda),
- Sodium carbonate, and
- Citric acid.
Eno as an antacid
Eno is available in individual sachets or in bottles, in a powdered form.
- Dissolve one sachet of Eno, or 1 teaspoon of Eno powder (5 gm) in a glass of water (150 ml). A lot of bubbles will be formed.
- Consume Eno as soon as it has completely dissolved in the water.
Note: Eno powder is recommended for adults and children 12 years and up. People having hypertension, high blood pressure, liver and kidney dysfunction should use Eno under medical supervision.
Minimum dosing interval: 2 hours.
Recipe of Sooji Chila using Eno
This recipe makes around 6- 7 chilas.
- Sooji (semolina flour)- 1.5 Cups
- Dahi- 3/4 Cup
- Cabbage- 1/2 Cup (finely-chopped)
- Carrot-1/2 Cup Grated
- Coriander leaves-1/4 Cup (finely-chopped)
- Green chilies- 3-4 (finely-chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Eno- 2 Tsp
- Cooking oil- 5 Tsp
- Mix Sooji, curd and a cup of water in a bowl. Soak for 30 minutes.
- Add chopped cabbage, carrot, coriander, green chilies, salt and mix well.
- Just before starting to make the pancakes, add Eno and 2 tbsp. of water in the batter.
- Mix gently. The bubbles will form.
- Add 2 tsp of oil and mix well.
- In a non-stick pan, use little oil, pour 1½ tbsp. (approximately) of batter and spread it gently.
- Flip over once the top side is partially cooked. Press lightly with a spatula for even cooking and remove from flame once both sides turn golden brown.
- Enjoy the yummy chila! Add mint chutney or Maggi sauce on the side for the savory taste.
Looking where to buy Eno Salt online in Canada? We offer home delivery everywhere in Canada.