Deep Sweet & Spicy Mango Pickle Gor-Keri (750 gm)
Deep Home Style Sweet and Spicy Mango Pickle is an authentic Indian recipe. It is traditionally served with breads, rice dishes, or, as an excellent compliment to any main Indian meal. They can be mixed or used in any preparations to add bold flavor such as dips, salad dressings, or with cold meats.
Ingredients: Mango, Sugar, Jaggery, Salt, Corn Oil, Fenugreek, Mustard, Red Chilli, Savory Spices
Gujarat is a place of varied cuisines that are as interesting as delectable.
Along with the mind-boggling varieties of cuisines, Gujarat also boasts an infinite assortment of pickles. The sweet and spicy mango pickle, commonly known as Gor Keri is one such mouthwatering variety.
In fact Gor Keri and Chundu are the two staple pickles in any Gujarati household.
Traditionally, Gor Keri pickle takes quite many days to become perfect for consumption. But there is a quick method through which you can make this pickle within few hours.
Let’s learn how to churn out the delicious Gor Keri.
- Firm raw mangoes- 2
- Jaggery powdered- ¾ cups
- Split yellow mustard seeds- 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds roasted- 1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds roasted- 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder- 1 tbsp
- Rock Salt- A pinch
- Asafetida powder- A pinch
- Turmeric powder- 1 tbsp
- Mustard oil or sesame oil- 1 tbsp
- Wash the mangos well. Let them dry and peel. Next, chop them into small cubes.
- Mix turmeric powder with salt and apply it to the cubes. Let this rest for 15-20 minutes. After that drain the water that it leaves.
- Steam cook for seven minutes so that it does not become very mushy. Keep aside.
- Powder the roasted coriander and fenugreek seeds, and the yellow mustard seeds.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add powdered jaggery, powdered spices, asafetida powder, red chili powder, and the steam cooked mango cubes.
- Cook on low flame till jaggery melts. Stir the whole mixture lightly so that the mangoes do not mash. Remove from flame once the jaggery melts completely.
- Let it cool. Store in a clean glass jar. Relish the instant Gor Keri pickle with phulkas, rotis, theplas, khakras, and bhakris. One can also enjoy it with bread, rice, or papads.
- Gor Keri stays good for months if kept refrigerated. Remember to always use a dry spoon while scooping it out.
Note: Serve Gor Keri as a side dip to add instant flavor to any bland recipe. It can also be used as a salad dressing or served with cold cut meats.
Looking where to buy Sweet & Spicy Mango Pickle Gor-Keri online in Canada? We offer home delivery everywhere in Canada.