There is no denying the fact that our health is our wealth. What if you get a mix of healthy ingredients in a yummy jam-like concoction? Chyawanprash is just that! Chyawanprash is a nutrition formula with a mix of Ayurvedic herbs and minerals blended with Amla, the mother of antioxidants. It is manufactured by Dabur, a renowned Ayurvedic company in India. This delicious jam is a regular supplement given to kids in India, especially during winters. In India this is used widely during the winters and finds its place on the breakfast table. If you enjoy herbs and jams, this will be a delight. The nutrient-rich composition of Chyawanprash is believed to restore stamina, energy, and vigor. Also called Chavanprash
Chyawanprash is a jam prepared according to the ancient Ayurvedic recipe of Sage Chyawan more than 2000 years ago. Reinforces the immune system and helps fight disease. Strenghten your body's internal defense mechanism with anti-oxydent properties. It is a trusted remedy for cough and cold for a majority of Indian household. Also called chawanprash
Originally, mothers were preparing this winter jam at home and feeding their children to boost their immunity against cold and cough. It is prepared using different ingredients such as amla, bhumiamlaki, bedarikand, bala, karkatshringi and many others.
Flavor of Chyawanprash
Chyawanprash has a tangy sweet-sour taste and the consistency of jam. Amla is the vital ingredient of Chyawanprash and therefore, Chyawanprash has a typical pungent and sweet-sour taste. It’s flavor also speaks of other dominant ingredients like honey, ghee, sandalwood, cardamom, and cinnamon.
How to consume Chyawanprash?
It is best to incorporate Chyawanprash into your daily diet regimen. The best way to take Chyawanprash is to mix it well in warm milk and drink it while still warm.
- The ideal time to consume Chyawanprash is right before breakfast.
- You can also consume it at night, 1 hour post-dinner.
- It is taken with warm milk, water, or can be consumed directly.
- It can also be used as a spread on your bread or favorite cracker.
Dose: The recommended dose of Chyawanprash is 1 teaspoon for adults twice a day. For children, ½ teaspoon, twice daily is the ideal dose.
Legend behind Chyawanprash
This nutritive blend is believed to be 2000 years old.
The name Chyawanprash is a combination of two words, Chyawan and Prash, where Chyawan is a name and Prash means "a special food".
Legend has it that the concoction was meticulously prepared to restore youth to an elderly sage, Chyawan.
Health benefits of Chyawanprash
- Chyawanprash boosts immunity and works wonders for body cells and tissues.
- It improves hemoglobin levels and also enhances the production of white blood cells.
- Chyawanprash uses concentrated Amla as its base, which is a superb detoxifying agent for the lungs, spleen, liver, and blood.
- Amla is the most effective remedy for sustaining homeostasis.
- It tones your muscles, bolsters youthfulness, stalls aging, and helps in gaining healthy muscle mass.
- It improves stamina and vitality.
- It is known to ease respiratory troubles and fight cough and cold.
- It aids in digestion and treats constipation.
- Its astringent qualities make it good for skin.
- It is also known to boost heart function and urinary health.
How to store Chyawanprash?
Chyawanprash is best stored at room temperature in a cool and dry place. Once opened, you can refrigerate it if you want.
Looking where to buy Chyawanprash online in Canada? We offer home delivery everywhere in Canada.