Fancy Diya Set for puja purposes made out of clay. Also called Diwali Diya or clay diya.
Festivities are ringing in the air and soon all homes will be bedecked with colorful Rangolis, strings of lights, glowing candles, and sparkling diyas. Yes, the Festival of Lights, Deepawali, is approaching soon! The festival entails cleaning the household and decorating your living spaces with flower garlands, paper chains, and lights.
Today, let us learn about the importance of Diya and how it can transform your home into an illuminating sparkle of light.
What is Diya
Diya is a small lamp, traditionally made of earthen clay or sometimes even metal. It is lit on Deepawali, both for worship and decorative purposes.
Many people also light Diya daily while offering their prayers to God.
The bright glow of Diya is considered sacred and represents wisdom, prosperity, and enlightenment.
How to use Diya
- Pour oil/ ghee inside Diya.
- Add Pooja Batti. Let it soak in oil/ghee completely. It will take around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the oil comes to the top end of the Batti, light it up with a match stick or candle.
- Place the lit up Diya on your entrance or window sill. Enjoy the sparkling luminescence.
How to custom decorate Diya
- Take the traditional plain Diya made of clay.
- Take any vibrant paint/acrylic colors like red, yellow, blue, and orange.
- Use a paintbrush to create beautiful designs on the outside and inside of Diya. Let it air dry for half an hour.
- You can also add sparkles or colorful stickers to it.
- Your custom Diya is ready. You can then fill it with oil and light up the soaked Batti.
Note: Diya decoration is also an excellent craft activity for kids.
Looking where to buy Diwali Diya online in Canada? We offer home delivery everywhere in Canada.