Colored Fryums Frying Chips (200 gm)
A mixed colorful combination of fryum chips ready to be fried and served for the family fun.
Fryums, doesn’t the name say it all? Fryums are the fried yummy snacks that satiate the taste buds of the young and the not-so-young alike.
Let’s quickly browse through the following blog to learn more about this all-time favorite snack.
What are Fryums?
Fryums are hollow cylindrical tube-shaped chips that come in colorful combinations of red, green, yellow, orange, and white.
The brilliant colors of fryum chips are perfect fun for children. They love to wear the fried fryum chips on their fingers and munch on the crispy snack.
The best part is that the unique flavor of Fryums suits the taste buds of all age groups.
What are Fryums made of?
The main components of Fryums are potato starch, tinted tapioca sago, and wheat flour. Its yummy taste makes it a favorite snack with kids and young adults. Many people love to eat fryums as a side dish (like papads) with the main meal.
Fryum chips make for a quick savior when you are running out of options for guests who come unannounced at your doorstep.
How to make Fryums?
Fryums are sold as packaged edibles. They instantly puff up when deep-fried in the cooking oil.
You can follow the following steps procedure to get the crunchiest fryums.
- Heat the cooking oil in a thick bottomed pan on high flame. You must be careful to avoid smoking or burning the oil.
- Drop a small piece of uncooked fryums to check if the oil is well-heated. Upon cooking, the fryums piece should expand and come up to the surface of the oil.
- Bring the heat to a medium-high.
- Carefully slide the uncooked fryums into the hot oil. Use a slotted spoon to fry them and when they expand well and rise to the surface, transfer them into a dish lined with paper towels. This will remove any excess oil.
- Sprinkle spices like Kala Namak or Chaat masala and relish to your heart's content.
Note: It usually takes 20 seconds to place uncooked fryums in hot cooking oil and fry them. Ensure that you slide 8-10 pieces of uncooked fryums at a time into the pan. Adding too many pieces will not give them enough room to expand on frying.
Please note that one can also prepare fryums in an air fryer (if looking for an oil-free and guilt-free option).
How to get creative with Fryums?
You can try the below-listed recipes that take minutes to churn out. Not only are these recipes super easy and delicious, they also have a great nutritional value.
- Fryums Chaat- Top up the fryums chips with Sev, grated onions, tomatoes, and chopped coriander. Pour some mint chutney or sweet-tangy tamarind sauce to create a lip-smacking chaat. However, instead of sprinkling these ingredients on top, one can also fill them inside the piped fryums carefully for some funky fun!
- Fryums salad- One can add Fryums chips to a colorful salad of cucumbers, bell peppers, olives, corn, and sprouted beans. It makes a rewarding healthy option.
Looking where to buy Fryums online in Canada? We offer home delivery everywhere in Canada.