Atta Tea Biscuits (2.25 lbs)
Sweet whole wheat biscuits to enjoy with tea or coffee. In rural India, people like to make their own dough with lots of ghee (clarified butter), sugar and herbs which they then bake in a stone oven to produce these beautiful hand crafted cookies. People like to enjoy them by dipping in tea along with gossiping with their friends and family. These biscuits are full of energy so are perfect for people indulging in a lot of manual work to boost their energy levels.
Once you eat one, its extremely hard to stop so we advise you to keep them out of sight if you're watching the calories!!!
Good morning, here’s your morning cuppa of tea. Does this sound so familiar and appetizing? Well, it does for most of us as we begin our day with a steaming hot serving of tea.
Tea is full of antioxidants that are believed to boost metabolism and enhance energy levels. However, experts do not advise drinking the beverage on an empty stomach as it may cause acidity. It is, therefore, advisable to team it up with some tea biscuits.
Atta Tea biscuits make for an ideal combination with tea as they are full of fiber. Tea lovers dip Atta Tea biscuits in the beverage and can endlessly gorge on these cookies as their yummy taste makes one hard to stop.
But, one should remember that Atta tea biscuits are high on calories and must be consumed in moderation.
What are Atta Tea biscuits?
Atta Tea biscuits are the sweet cookies dished out using the whole wheat flour or Atta, as it is commonly called in local parlance. Atta Tea biscuits are high in calories and provide instant energy. Therefore, these biscuits are a favorite among the rural folks in India who engage in manual labor. In fact, it is a common sight to see women folk in Indian villages prepare their own dough with dollops of ghee, sugar, and spices. The dough is then handcrafted beautifully and placed in stone ovens to churn out the yummy Atta tea biscuits.
The taste and flavor of Atta Tea biscuits
Atta tea biscuits are crispy and eggless treats with a sweet taste. The best part is that one can churn out these popular biscuits at home with some basic ingredients.
Recipe for Atta Tea Biscuits
Cooking time- 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Whole wheat flour or Atta- 250 g
- Jaggery or sugar (powdered)- 125 g
- Butter or ghee- 150 g
- Cardamom powder- 1 teaspoon
- In a large bowl, mix Atta, sugar/jaggery, and cardamom powder.
- Add butter or ghee into this mixture carefully, using your fingertips.
- Knead the mixture into a soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in a clean cloth and let it stand for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, roll the dough with a rolling pin, on a surface till 1/8” thick. Cut into your favorite shapes and place in a baking tray. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven. Bake it at 170°C for 10 minutes. The cookies will turn golden brown.
- Relish the lip smacking cookies with tea or even milk!
Looking where to buy Atta Tea Biscuits online in Canada? We deliver everywhere in Canada.