Not only this, dry fruits are also low in calories and therefore, one of the ideal eatables that help reduce weight by keeping you full for longer periods.
Health benefits of dried apricots
- Eye health- High content of vitamin A and vitamin E in dried apricots makes them good for maintaining eye health.
- Cell protection and heart health - Dry apricots are rich in flavonoids, a special type of antioxidant. Flavonoids help in cell protection and also control heart disease. Since dry apricots are rich in potassium, they directly support heart health because a diet low in potassium is linked to cardiovascular disease. The high potassium content also helps reduce hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Support immune system- We know that dry apricots contain good amount of vitamin A. Vitamin A being an anti-inflammatory vitamin helps enhance the immune system.
- Aid digestion- Dry apricots are also rich in dietary fibre. Some studies reveal that dietary fibre can positively alter the gut microbiota and metabolic regulation.
- Reduced risk of diabetes- Medical studies state that flavonoids regulate glucose metabolism, thus controlling the pathogenesis of diabetes.
- Bone mineral density- Apricots also contain a nutrient called boron, believed to be essential for bone formation. A low boron intake reduces vitamin D and calcium levels which has detrimental affect on bone mineral density.
- Skin health- Dried apricots also have beta-carotene, that automatically converts into vitamin A (retinol) in our body. Retinol or retinoids contribute to healthy and wrinkle free skin.
- Fight anaemia- Apricots are also a source of vitamin C and iron. These two nutrients help in a higher absorption of iron, a mineral that prevents anemia.
Just add 2-3 dry apricots to your daily diet to avail its incredible health benefits!
Looking where to buy Apricots Dry online in Canada? We deliver everywhere in Canada.