Almond Oil (237 ml)
Almond oil is known as one of the purest and most richly celebrated oil in India and due to being more expensive than other oils it is only reserved for the most special occasions. Almond Oil is known to have great benefits when applied on hair and skin and is also one of the most commonly used oil in India for massaging young babies to give them bone strength and moisturize the skin.
Almond oil in India holds deep spiritual and therapeutic value in Hinduism. It is used for a variety of purposes such as head and body massage or in food. Almond oil helps boost memory and nourishes the body and mind. Out of the hundreds of oils used in India, almond oil is considered to be one of the most royal as you need a very large quantity of almonds to obtain a small quantity of oil. Enjoy the goodness of this pure almond oil!
Extracted from almond seeds, this oil is enriched with Vitamin E and Vitamin K. Along with being used as an alternative for olive oil for your salad dressings, it has multiple other uses. If you have brittle nails, rubbing a little almond oil to your nails thrice a week gives you healthier and stronger nails. It is excellent at preventing dry skin and can be applied as a night moisturizer.
We have grown up learning the health benefits of almonds. Often touted as the powerhouse of nutrition, almonds are packed with healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and Vitamins E and K. They can be an excellent source of protein for people who take a plant-based diet.
With the popularity of this "King of Nuts" growing manifolds, almonds and its products like almond milk, almond butter, almond flour and almond oil are having their Aha moment right now.
Today, let’s bring into spotlight the health benefits of almond oil, one of the most holistic products of almonds.
What is Almond Oil?
- Ripe almonds are pressed with minimal heat to extract the unrefined almond oil, which retains most of its nutrients.
- Refined almond oil which is extracted under high heat, lacks the nutritional qualities of the unrefined version.
Cosmetic Benefits of Almond Oil
- Treats dandruff. The antibacterial and anti-fungal properties of almond oil help treat dandruff.
- Helps control scalp infections. It hydrates the scalp well and cleanses the hair follicles.
- Applying almond oil to the ends of your hair before drying smoothens the frizz. A mix of pure castor oil and almond oil is known to treat hair fall.
- Almond oil is used in India for massaging babies. It is believed to give bone strength and moisturize the skin.
- Loaded with vitamin A and E, almond oil works wonders for your skin. It improves complexion and skin tone. Retinoids in almond oil improve the cell turnover. A blend of almond oil and rosewater is an excellent moisturizer for skin.
- Rubbing a few drops of almond oil into your nails thrice a week gives you stronger and healthier nails.
- Almond oil stimulates collagen production. People with dry skin can massage a few drops of almond oil into their skin two to three times a week. Dry skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis have been cured by applying almond oil. People with oily skin can massage with a few drops of almond oil once a week.
- Almond oil has an anti fungal properties. It is known to treat athletes foot and fungal infections like ringworm.
- Almond oil can also be used to remove make up.
Health Benefits of Almond Oil
- Good for heart- Almond oil with its anti-oxidation and anti-inflammatory properties reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Reduces cholesterol- High on mono saturated fatty acids, almond oil elevates high cholesterol or HDL. It helps lower the levels of bad cholesterol or LDL.
- High on antioxidants and Omega-3- Because of high levels of antioxidants, almond oil decreases inflammation in the body and boosts immunity.
- Helps reduce weight- Studies have shown that an almond-rich diet helps you shed extra pounds.
How to Cook with Almond Oil?
- It is recommended to cook with almond oil at low heat so that the nutritional value of the oil is not destroyed.
- Almond oil can be used to season the salad as a salad dressing.
- It is used best for low-heat baking or can be poured as a finishing oil on top of a dish for extra flavor.
- Unrefined or virgin almond oil retains more of it’s nutrients. It is advisable to use the unrefined or virgin almond oil for skin and hair.
- It is recommended not to use almond oil if you have a nut allergy.
Looking for the comfort of almond oil in a soothing bar soap? Try our Himalaya Moisturizing Almond Cleansing Bar with almond oil leaves for a smooth and supple skin.
Looking where to buy best quality Indian almond oil online in Canada? Order online and we offer home delivery!