Also called Kala Namak, black Salt is a type of Indian volcanic rock salt commonly used in India, Pakistan and other Asian countries. Indian black salt is considered a cooling spice in ayurvedic medicine and is recommended for many health issues such as constipation, indigestion, heartburn, bloating, flatulence, goiter, poor eyesight and hysteria, according to the book “Herbs that Heal.” In India, black salt is sometimes recommended to people on low-salt diets due to hypertension because it’s believed to be lower in sodium content compared to regular table salt.
My mom with would pamper us with chilled lime water infused with just the right proportion of ingredients and her love. I still remember her adding a pinch of black salt and stirring it to perfection for that amazing flavor.
- Antacid- Treats heartburn, acidity, sour stomach and stomach upset
- Digestive stimulant- Benefits in abdominal discomfort and digestive disorders like acidity, flatulence, bloating and obesity
- Fat Burner- Treats bloating
- Anthelmintic- Can be used to treat parasitic worms
- Haematinic- Increases hemoglobin levels and treats anemia
- Hematogenic- Helps in formation of red blood cells
- Controls Blood Pressure- Because of its lower sodium content than the regular salt, Black Salt can be a better option with patients having high BP, or those seeking to reduce sodium levels in their blood
- Black Salt has less sodium content than the regular salt.
- It is said to contain less additives than the regular salt.
- It is believed to contain more minerals than the regular salt.
- Sodium content of Black Salt may vary depending upon the brand. It is recommended to check the nutrition label before using it.
- It is not recommended to use black salt over regular salt if you have Iodine deficiency.
- Whether Black Salt is a healthier option than regular salt is still a debatable topic. More research is required to support these claims.
- It is advised to use it in moderation, the dietary amount of Black Salt should not be more than 6 gm. per day.
Our Himalayan Pink Salt Iodized version is ideal for consumption for people having Iodine deficiency.
The lip-smacking Boondi Raita can be prepared by adding a handful of Haldiram’s Salted Boondi into a bowl of whipped yoghurt and seasoning it with coriander leaves, a pinch of Deggi Mirch and a sprinkle of Black Salt.
Sel noir d'himalaya