Amongst spices blends, Garam masala is a speciality of North India. It is a powdered blend of highly aromatic spices & Black Pepper to make it hot. It is sprinkled in small quantity, when the dish is nearly ready, be it curried or dry, lentils, meat or vegetables, to pep up the spicy aroma for which Indian food is renowned all over the world.
Garam Masala which literally means Hot Spice is neither a delectable dish from any restaurant nor the nickname of any famous rock star. It is an aromatic blend of magical Indians spices concocted to add passion to your cooking. Garam Masala is one of the most popular Indian spices across the world. It is generally composed of black and white peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon, mace, green cardamom, black cardamom, bay leaves, cumin and coriander. Many cooks prefer to buy garam masala in whole form and crush it as home just before use in order to guarantee purity and freshness. Our whole garam masala is made exactly to satisfy these high standards and is sure to please your senses with the fresh aroma.
How to store Garam Masala
- Let the ground powder of Garam Masala cool down
- Spoon the powder in a clean airtight glass jar
- Store it in a cool dry place
Health Benefits of Garam Masala
Prepared as a powdered mix of healthy Indian spices, Garam Masala is packed with hordes of health benefits, some of which are listed below:
- Helps build immunity
- Relieves pain and inflammation
- Detoxifies body
- Reduces bloating
- Cures bad breath
- Slows ageing process
- Increases absorption of vitamins, minerals and proteins
- Relieves gastrointestinal problems, reduces heartburn
- Good for stomach
- Lowers glycemic index which helps reduce blood sugar levels
How to use Garam Masala
- You can add Garam Masala at any point during the cooking process. You can saute with Garam Masala in the beginning, or add it halfway through cooking.
- It can be added as a “finishing spice” towards the end of cooking. Sprinkling a little mix at the end of the recipe heightens the flavour to amazing levels.
Note: Use Garam Masala carefully. Going overboard with Garam Masala runs the risk of overpowering other flavours of your recipe. For a serving of 4 to 5, add ¼ to ½ teaspoon of Garam Masala.
Looking where to buy high quality Indian Garam Masala Whole online in Canada? We offer home delivery everywhere in Canada. We also have Garam Masala Powder, Garam Masala Whole and Organic Garam Masala Powder.