MDH spice blend for lentils containing coriander, red chili, curry leaves, dry ginger and other savory ingredients. Easy steps on the box to help you prepare a tasty dal just like an indian mother!
Arhar Dal is super easy to prepare and makes for a great combination with roti, naan, or steamed rice.
Even if you cook Arhar Dal with tempering of cumin seeds in ghee with a pinch of hing, turmeric powder, and salt to taste, it still tastes heavenly.
The lentil is prepared in some easy steps written on the box. You can prepare a yummy delight just like Indian mothers!
How to prepare Arhar Dal with MDH Arhar Masala
- Arhar Dal- 200gm
- Water 800 ml
- Cooking oil or ghee- 4 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Hing- 1/2 teaspoon
- Onions- 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomatoes- 1 Medium sized, finely chopped
- Turmeric powder- ½ teaspoon
- MDH Arhar Dal Masala- 15 g
- Salt- as per taste
- Boil Arhar Dal in water till it becomes tender.
- Heat cooking oil on a medium high flame and add cumin seeds once the oil is hot. Add hing and let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Add chopped onions and fry till they turn golden.
- Next, add chopped tomatoes and MDH Arhar Dal Masala along with salt. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes till it becomes a paste.
- Transfer boiled Dal to fried masala paste and mix well.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander. Enjoy yummy dal with steamed Rice, roti, or naan.