- 100% pure, vegan, unrefined, unfiltered, unbleached multipurpose coconut oil
- Filled with the goodness of nature
- Produced from the milk of freshly shredded & first-pressed coconut meat taken from handpicked coconuts
- No additives / preservatives added to it
- Zero trans-fat, zero cholesterol, zero lactose, zero gluten
- High in MCT’s and lauric acid (more than 50%)
- Can be used for internal & external application
- Helpful in weight loss as it increases body vital metabolism
Coconuts are available in a abundance in Southern India. Combined with the fact that coconut oil is one of the most nourishing oils for skin, hair or cooking it is easy to see why this is the most popular oil of choice amongst South Indian households.
Coconut oil has a high fat content and the purest of coconut oils often remain solid at room temperatures. Coconut oil is used widely for nourishing hair and making them strong with a nice shine. Although you must be prepared that the best of coconut oils also release a strong smell which you get used to over some time. It is also used to cook vegetables, curries or fry meats and fish. Many people also apply coconut oil on skin as a moisturizer and is believed to be very beneficial.
Most often this oil is very expensive in Canada due to it's recent surge in popularity however more affordable options for coconut oil such as this one are also present.